Techtown, the dedicated online community for service technicians in the foodservice equipment industry, has launched a mobile app. The app is the first in a series of innovations prioritizing technology that helps technicians connect with the resources they need to be most effective.
The techtown app is a go-anywhere tool for foodservice equipment repair discussions, industry news, easy-to-search product resources and a manufacturer database. Through the app, users can:
- Interact with the discussion boards in real-time and see their own questions answered by fellow members;
- Receive push notifications for messages from other members and reply via their phones;
- Post new questions right from their devices, including the ability to add photos taken with the device’s camera;
- Access different groups within techtown and topics or search for new groups to join;
- Instantly access the vast directory of industry manufacturers; and
- Browse or search the techtown knowledge base for even more tech-reviewed content including manuals, schematics and videos.
“The techtown app makes this online community even more accessible, user-friendly and helpful for technicians on the go,” said Scott Carmichael, mayor of techtown. “We want to thank all of our members who have asked and answered questions and posted content on techtown. The app helps us better fulfill our simple mission to Ask. Share. Repair. We look forward to the app continuing build our capabilities to support foodservice technicians.”
Techtown started in 2016, and an enhanced version was relaunched in October 2019. As a community built for technicians, techtown members can connect with experts to get their questions answered and access the resources they need to get back to tackling tough fixes and servicing customers. Techtown also provides manufacturers an opportunity to reach technicians who service their branded equipment with content and information.
In addition to the latest industry news and information, techtown has discussion boards sorted by type of equipment, how-to info, videos, and offers groups for specific topics or manufacturers. Techtown allows techs to post, respond, and connect with other techs locally and around the world. Service technicians and other industry professionals interested in participating in the community can sign up at www.techtownforum.com. Techtown is free to join and free to use and is available for download in the Google Play and Apple App stores.
“If you work with equipment in the field — technicians, manufacturers, service companies — techtown is here for you!” said Carmichael.