JONESBORO, Ark. - Carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning is being blamed for the death of a Jonesboro woman who died in late January in her home, according to a report from KAIT Channel 8 (ABC-TV).

On January 22, Jonesboro police and firefighters found the body of 28-year-old Conlisha Wright. Readings taken by the fire department on the scene showed that the carbon monoxide level in the home was high.

Officials believe that CO in the home increased to a fatal level when a return air duct was blocked by a box that contained an artificial Christmas tree.

Publication date: 02/09/2004