IRVING, Texas - A woman is recovering from carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning after learning that her husband died from exposure to the gas. The couple was discovered by their son in the bedroom of their home.

The son said he was concerned because he hadn't heard from his parents in several days. He is credited with saving his mother's life after calling 911. Officials speculate that an open window near the woman aided in her survival.

The source of the CO is being investigated.

Publication date: 12/13/2004