INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis couple and their dog were found dead in a mobile home in early March. Carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning is suspected in their deaths.

Marion County Sheriff's Department detectives found a gasoline-powered generator inside a bedroom in the mobile home, where one of the victims was making repairs for a friend.

According to officials, the heat had been cut off and the generator was placed in the bedroom to heat the interior. The generator's internal combustion engine is believed to have created the fumes that apparently overcame the victims.

Publication date: 04/11/2005