Success Group International Hosts “Home Service Heroes Tribute”
Online event headlines big names to thank residential contractors
DALLAS — Success Group International (SGI) hosted a “Home Service Heroes Tribute” on June 2, 2020. The two-plus hour, online motivational event was headlined by several of the biggest names in the professional speaking and sports world. SGI produced the event as a thank you to its member contractors and their teams for the bravery and dedication they have demonstrated to their communities, as they’ve continued to serve homeowners in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Our members and their teams tirelessly work every day to support and serve homeowners, often who are sick, vulnerable, or in-need,” said Rebecca Cassel, president of SGI. “That has never been more prevalent than in the last several months. We know of many of our SGI members who have knowingly and willingly serviced homes with COVID-19 patients present. They did so because they understood the value of their skills upon the lives of those people in particular.”
“At SGI, we felt such an overwhelming amount of appreciation and pride seeing our members, our SGI family, in action,” she said. “To say thank you to them, we created this Home Service Heroes Tribute. It was our goal to inspire them, but we also wanted them to realize just how much of an impact they make on their communities and the whole of society. With the amount of people we had registered and the feedback we saw and heard from our members, it’s clear the event was a resounding success.”
Over 2,000 people virtually attended the Home Service Heroes Tribute. SGI contracted with several of the biggest names in the professional speaking and sporting world to provide keynote speeches. Among them included:
- Kurt Warner, NFL hall of famer: Kurt Warner’s story is one of the most memorable rags-to-riches tales in sports history.
- Eric Thomas, master motivator and inspirational speaker: Eric Thomas, PhD, is a critically acclaimed author, world-renowned speaker, educator, pastor, and audible.com Audie Awards finalist.
- Joe Buck, award-winning broadcaster: Joe Buck is one of the most recognizable sports announcers today, as the lead voice for the NFL since 2002 and for MLB since 1996 on Fox.
- Jocko Willink, former Navy SEAL: He’s the author of Extreme Ownership and the creator of the Jocko Podcast—where he shares lessons learned on the battlefield to help others lead and win.
- Nando Parrado, story of survival and perseverance: Nando Parrado is the leader of the famous plane-crash survival story in the Andes mountains in 1972, which was turned into the 1993 feature film, Alive. In 2010, Nando was selected as “Best Speaker in the World” by the World Business Forum (New York).
In addition to those keynote speeches, SGI coordinated special messages throughout the presentation by motivational speaker Kevin Brown, Super Bowl champion and NFL hall of famer Ray Lewis, 16-time heavyweight wrestling champion Ric Flair, and renowned martial artist and film star Chuck Norris.
SGI used this platform to also honor members and specific employees who received awards and honors for exceptional performances in 2019. These individuals would have otherwise been honored during the SGI Spring Gala, which was scheduled to be in Temecula, California, in early April but was canceled due to COVID-19. Even so, SGI wanted to make sure these top performers received the recognition they deserve for their results last year.