The Food Marketing Institute’s (FMI) 2018 Energy & Store Development Conference will be held Sept. 23-26 at the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel in Atlanta. The conference offers an opportunity for leaders of the food retail industry and their business partners to discuss new refrigeration technology, energy-efficiency, and conservation, as well as refrigeration system and store design.
Highlights will include:
- A manufacturer-retailer exchange that provides supermarket operators the opportunity to meet leading suppliers of energy management, HVAC, refrigeration, design, construction, and lighting systems;
- Comprehensive general sessions and targeted breakouts. Breakout sessions provide small group learning opportunities across three tracks: energy, refrigeration, and store development; and
- Refrigeration Trends Insights general session where innovation-minded retailers share their experiences with various designs and refrigerants.
The refrigeration sessions scheduled to be included in this year’s breakouts are:
- Leak rates: Best practices from retailers on reducing leaks;
- Refrigerant choices: Impact of refrigerants and architectural design on cost of ownership;
- Refrigerated displays: Latest trends that reduce cost and grow sales;
- Effective installation of doors on refrigerated cases; and
- Store envelope load reductions.
There will also be opportunities to connect with other professionals and potential business partners who have similar responsibilities and challenges, to gain new ideas to reduce costs and improve sustainability, and to help supermarkets build a shopping experience that meets their customers' evolving needs.
For more information or to register, visit www.fmi.org/energysd.
Publication date: 8/01/2018