WASHINGTON, D.C. — The National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW) Institute for Distribution Excellence and strategic partner Chally Group Worldwide, a global sales and leadership potential, performance, and talent measurement firm, have released a free research report, “Sales Force Hiring Best Practices for Wholesale Distribution Organizations.”
The report is available for immediate download at http://bit.ly/1pHUvSO.
According to the report, wholesale distribution firms are facing a growing, largely demographic challenge in recruiting talent for their sales organizations.
"Recent research shows that world-class organizations overcome these issues by implementing a more rational hiring process, based on the measurable, quantitative characteristics of the most successful sales professionals," said a NAW press release. "Chally Group Worldwide has written this authoritative report on how distribution firms can employ proven best practices in hiring the most productive sales forces.
A summary of the challenges addressed in the report include the following topics.
• Recruiting and retaining replacements for exiting baby boomers.
• Capturing reliable, useful information about job candidates ranks high on the list of challenges.
• Generational issues are significant barriers to hiring. Gradual career development doesn’t resonate with Millennials.
• Tight-knit industries and markets tend to fish in the same pond for candidates which typically results in pulling from a smaller pool of experienced talent.
• Technology has altered the skill set required of salespeople. New tools are required for communication and customers are empowered with more information and choice than in the past.
“The NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence is pleased with the important insights that Chally has provided in this report to help wholesaler-distributors with their sales force hiring and development needs,” said Ron Schreibman, executive director of the NAW Institute.