Feb. 24, 2011: BPI Announces 2010 End of Year Report
• BPI Certified Professionals are now located in all 50 states and five foreign countries, with Western states seeing the most aggressive growth of over 400 percent in 2010.
• The number of contracting companies earning BPI Accredited Contractor status doubled for the second year in a row.
• Intense demand for training increased BPI’s nationwide network of affiliate training organizations 78 percent to 242 training organizations.
• Over 100 utility, state, and local incentive programs now call for BPI credentials.
• BPI earned accreditation from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) as a developer of American National Standards for the residential energy efficiency retrofit community.
• Revenues jumped 78 percent in 2010 to approximately $4.7 million after experiencing a 98 percent growth in 2009.
• BPI completed the development of a $500,000 IT infrastructure to handle the processing of exams and the servicing of thousands of newly credentialed professionals and accredited contracting companies.
• BPI donated the results of a $50,000 project - to convene industry experts and develop a set of Standard Work Specifications - to a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) 2010 initiative that included developing federal Workforce Guidelines for Home Energy Upgrades.
• Staff expanded from 23 to 37 employees in three locations over the past year: Malta, N.Y., Washington, D.C., and San Francisco.
For more information, visit www.bpi.org.
Publication date: 02/21/2011