Too many people think that contractors have not embraced the Internet. Let me beg to differ with you.The NEWSrecently completed a research study on Internet usage and you might be shocked by the results from 440 of our contractor readers, like:
• 94 percent have Internet access at the company.
• They average nine hours a week on the Internet for business.
• 62 percent visit a manufacturer’s Website at least once a week.
• 72 percent refer consumers to HVAC manufacturers’ Websites.
• 92 percent visit distributor Websites.
• 88 percent visit our Website, www.achrnews.com!
And you may be surprised to know that the average age of the respondents was 50. Therefore, I think if you are a contractor that’s not Web savvy, your competitors are leaving you behind. If you are a manufacturer that doesn’t cater to the trade, you have your priorities mixed up. And if you are a wholesaler that doesn’t have the Internet as a top priority, then you may find yourself in the same predicament as the local hardware store.