DAVIDSON, N.C. – American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning announced Nov. 2 its fourth annual Building a Higher Standard award winners. The four 2021 winners were stand-out selections from a highly competitive group of deserving nominees and are being honored for exhibiting a high level of integrity, community stewardship, dedicated teamwork, and focus on continuous improvement in the pursuit of excellence.
The 2021 winners include:
- Climatech of Professional Air – Pensacola, FL
- Holtkamp Heating & Air – Suwanee, GA
- Premier Heating + Air – Denver, CO
- SoCal Airflow Pros – Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
The 2021 Building a Higher Standard Awards recognizes the brand’s top dealers who have demonstrated the utmost integrity in everything they do. From establishing trusted relationships with homeowners to investing in the growth and development of skilled technicians, and even extending themselves as essential services, these winning dealers go to great lengths to serve their communities.
“At American Standard, we hold ourselves to a higher standard, ensuring our products and dealer network exude a level of trusted excellence that our customers can depend upon for quality, efficiency and overall satisfaction,” said Kathryn Wildrick, Brand Manager for American Standard. “This year, the Building A Higher Standard award recognizes and honors these four independent dealers for their unwavering commitment to excellence and for delivering unparalleled experiences through quality services and community stewardship.”
The 2021 Building a Higher Standard winners, who were carefully selected through a blind panel, are being recognized for providing outstanding work and service, supporting their communities and living the brand values:
- Climatech of Professional Air is praised for its commitment to its community. Operated by Larry Thompson and son Travis Thompson of Pensacola, FL, Climatech is known for putting its customers first by providing first class service, and for doing what’s right, even when no one is looking. For instance, they often search high and low for lightly used equipment for homeowners who needed a new system but cannot afford it — even going so far as to purchase units to get homeowners relief. The Thompson family and Climatech are also heavily involved with volunteering and sponsoring the “Miracle League” – a baseball league founded in 2002 for disabled individuals with physical and cognitive challenges to participate in recreational activities in an accessible, non-competitive environment.
- Holtkamp Heating & Air, owned by Matthew Holtkamp, strives to provide a business in Suwanee, GA, where customers feel valued, and employees want to work. Through the Holtkamp Family Foundation, the company sponsors HVAC scholarships for technical college, donates free art classes through a local art center, and has contributed more than 100 tons of food to local food banks via the “Gwinnett Can Challenge.” Holtkamp’s culture of giving also includes extending the budget of non-profits by providing no-cost HVAC services, allowing those organizations to use the saved funds in other areas.
- Premier Heating + Air, based in Denver, CO, prides itself on being a leader in smart technology and minimizing environmental impact. Premier has established a trusted reputation for providing services to its customers no matter the obstacles or circumstances. The Premier team and owner, Reed Barton are known to assist customers who have fallen on hard times by installing new HVAC equipment at no charge.
- SoCal Airflow Pros, a veteran-owned and operated company based in Southern California advocates for the American Standard brand with its solid commitment to the community. Among owner Cody Novini’s efforts to support customers, he campaigned for a dual-fuel solution (heat pump and furnace combination) to address the Southern California Ultra Low NOx challenge after the Southern California Air Quality Management District banned typical gas furnaces. As a result, Novini’s efforts led to $1,500 heat pump rebates becoming available to assist homeowners. SoCal Airflow Pros also supports veterans and first responders through their HVAC for Heroes program, which provides free HVAC systems to disabled veterans, law enforcement officers, and firefighters.
Furthermore, American Standard also celebrates the Building a Higher Standard award’s two semi-finalists and the four dealers who round out the top ten with commemorative desk ornaments to highlight their commitment to excellence.
- Earl’s Plumbing, Heating & Air of Lubbock, Texas
- Shockley’s Heat & Air of Yukon, OK
Rounding out the 2021 Top 10:
- Area Wide Services, Corsicana, Texas
- Medley Heating and A/C, Carrollton, Texas
- MSI of Galesburg, IL
- The Darville Company of Odessa, Texas