American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning Unveils Building a Higher Standard Award Winners
Recognizes four independent dealers
DAVIDSON, N.C. — American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning announced the winners of its second annual Building a Higher Standard awards. The four 2019 Building a Higher Standard winners exemplify the brand’s core values of integrity, generous community involvement, teamwork, and a commitment to continuous improvement in the pursuit of excellence.
The 2019 winners are:
- B&W Plumbing Heating & AC Co. Inc. , Speedway, Indiana
- Classic Heating & Air, McKinney, Texas
- Hospitality Heating and Air Conditioning Inc., Rock Hill, South Carolina
- Keith Lawson Services LLC, Tallahassee, Florida
“We are extremely proud and honored to celebrate these dealers who selflessly showcase an unwavering commitment to quality service and community stewardship,” said Kathryn Wildrick, brand manager for American Standard. “The American Standard brand is deeply rooted in delivering real value to our customers not only by providing them with industry-leading products but also by partnering with them to do the right thing by homeowners who rely on them to stay comfortable. That is why we take pride in our independent dealers who personify our core values and go above and beyond each day to build a higher standard.”
The winners were selected through a blind panel. Those serving on the panel included American Standard leaders and the four 2018 award winners.
- B&W Plumbing & Heating has been in Speedway, Indiana, for nearly 60 years. Owned by Beth Rovazzini, Dave Mejean and Chris Ambrose, B&W has taken a “pay it forward” approach to growing and maintaining the business by investing in the people behind it. B&W acted proactively to a forecasted skilled labor shortage by working hand-in-hand with the local high school level to provide training and establish a robust pipeline of future HVAC specialists. In addition, they support school projects that teach all aspects of home building — including HVAC installation — through the construction of affordable housing. Once part of the B&W team, new employees benefit from the owners’ passion for finding and developing each team member’s individual talents.
- Classic Heating & Air in McKinney, Texas, was created by brothers Seth and Dane McGinnis and founded on family values, determination, faith, and hard work. They let their moral compass guide everything they do. The brothers intentionally put their employees, and their employees’ families, at the forefront of every business decision. For example, their entire team is salaried to assure a steady income and avoid fluctuating paychecks dictated by the outside temperature and season. The same care and attention go into Classic’s community involvement, whether they are funding a kindergarten field trip or installing a heating system for a struggling young family. When asked why they give back, Seth and Dane say they are only stewards of what they have been given and want to share it with others.
- Hospitality Heating and Air Conditioning is based in Rock Hill, South Carolina. Founded 11 years ago by Gene Lucas, a former athlete and sports fan, Hospitality embraces a sports team mindset both in and out of the office — whether Gene’s motivating his work team or supporting the local high school. For example, employees who meet and exceed expectations are considered for employee of the year honors, which comes with a custom championship-style ring featuring Hospitality’s green and gold colors. Of the dealer’s numerous charitable initiatives, the largest emphasis is on those that provide students access to extracurricular activities, including sports programs. Lucas believes that these programs are necessary to keep youth active, teach them teamwork skills, and put them on a positive life trajectory.
- Keith Lawson Services in Tallahassee, Florida, is a multi-generational business. From teaching new job skills to broadening life skills like personal money management, Keith Lawson Services represents the thoughtfulness and dedication crucial to sustaining a loyal team. Those technicians, in turn, pride themselves in their customer service, maintaining the mindset that the most important customer is the one standing in front of them and that they are there to offer, not sell, products.
The four winners of American Standard’s 2019 Building a Higher Standard awards will be honored with custom trophies, challenge coins and lapel pins; a year of Customer Care membership; and will have their names printed on the Hall of Fame trophy — which will be on display in Tyler, Texas. In addition, they will be the focus of a local media campaign with professional assets for their own use, receive earned and paid public relations in trade and regional media, and receive copies of print magazines with advertisements.
Submit a press release here!