As an owner of an HVAC business, this can be a difficult question to answer: Should I hire an HVAC marketing company? Many HVAC owners handle their marketing in-house or farm out part or all of it to different vendors. One for your website and digital marketing, one for your TV, one for your radio, one for your direct mail, etc. So what is the right decision? Each company is different, and the results can vary from vendor to vendor.
So the question remains, should I hire an HVAC marketing company?
What’s in it for you?
- A single-source vendor that is truly agnostic and is working in your “best” interest, not the vendor’s interest.
- A true business partner that is interested in your company succeeding.
- Better insight into understanding where your leads are coming from.
- A yearly marketing plan broken down by month and by each medium, so you have year-round visibility to your marketing budget.
- It saves you time and allows you to do what you do best.
HVAC Marketing is a Collaborative Effort
Hiring a marketing company is not the magic bullet that will solve everything for you. It will not magically make your company be the preferred service provider in your area. Nor will it make your service techs better, your installers more efficient, or you better looking. What it will do is help you understand what it takes to market and grow your HVAC business.
Marketer and HVAC Owner Have to Be on The Same Page. Communication is Key!
As business partners, a marketer needs to understand your company goals. We need to each understand our part in the relationship. Each of us has stake in the game. We need to keep the lines of communication open. As your marketing partner, a certain level of information exchange is necessary to obtain the best results.
- How many maintenance agreements do you have?
- What percentage of tune-ups are being converted into maintenance customers?
- Your annual growth goals?
- Does everyone in your company understand the above?
A marketing agency is designed to increase sales leads to your company. It is a joint effort between both parties; however, the responsibility to properly handle the leads resides with the contracting company.
So what’s in it for you?
- Hiring a marketing company will help you weed through the many different marketing options for your business. They will be able to field phone calls and emails from vendors so that you don’t have to spend your valuable time speaking with reps. The marketing partner will work in your best interest and help you decide what are the best marketing platforms for your business.
- The marketing company becomes your business partner. It is in their best interest to help you succeed.
- They can help you gain better visibility and understanding of where the leads are coming from through the following:
- Trackable phone numbers through a service such as CallRail
- Google Search Console
- Facebook Pixel
- Geographic location of the leads
A good HVAC marketing company will provide your company a comprehensive yearly marketing plan broken down by month and by category or medium. The marketing partner will free up time for the business owner; or if you have an internal marketing person, they can really help maximize their performance as well.
It takes time and a lot of hard work to build a solid foundation for your business. Remember, homeowners or business owners are not actively shopping for heating and air conditioning. It is a need-based industry, it breaks and they search for a provider and call. It takes time to build up a company’s presence as a quality local service provider.