ALEXANDRIA, Va. — The IIAR Natural Refrigeration Conference & Heavy Equipment Expo 2020, which was to take place March 15 to 18 in Orlando, Florida, was cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic. However, the IIAR executive committee and staff have been working hard on putting together the first-of-its-kind IIAR Online Conference & Virtual Expo, which will be held May 18 to June 5, 2020 at www.iiar.org.
Using today’s technologies, IIAR will be able to offer the content and provide the education and PDH credits that many conference attendees need to justify their participation in the event. The online conference can also offer significant benefits to those companies that use the annual conference as a platform to market their products and services. It will also be designed to offer benefits that could not be provided in the conference and will continue throughout the year.
The online conference will reside on the IIAR website and include a number of new features and benefits for the Orlando conference participants. Its services will include the application of the IIAR Learning Management System, The Academy of Natural Refrigerants certificate program, and a new interactive IIAR Online Mall platform offering marketing services to the entire IIAR membership.
Some of the benefits of attending the online conference and expo include:
- Access to the live online presentation of all technical papers and workshops. Those participants attending the technical program presentations will receive PDH continuing education credits following the ASTM E2659 Standard Practices for Certificate Programs and accredited by (RCEP) Registered Continuing Education Programs for engineers.
- Technical papers and workshop presentations will reside on the IIAR online conference landing page for follow-up review. (Note: Webpage review of presentations will not be subject to PDH credits.)
- Technical papers and workshop presentations will provide Spanish interpretation.
- Access to new products and services through the virtual expo.
Here are just a few of the technical papers and workshops being offered during the online conference:
- Transcritical CO2 and Ammonia: Energy Efficiency and Basic Capital Cost Comparison for Industrial Refrigeration Systems;
- Proper Installation and Maintenance Practices for VFDs;
- Hot Gas vs. Electric Defrost for Standard Commercial Refrigeration Systems: An Energy Comparison;
- Reducing Capital and Energy Costs Through Refrigeration Energy Modeling;
- Low Head Pressure Operation of Commercial Systems;
- Lessons Learned in Ammonia Refrigeration: Making Our Industry Safer; and
- Code and Regulatory Panel - IIAR Government Affairs and Code Update.
To register for the conference, visit www.iiar.org/iiar/events/virtual_conference.aspx