NCI Summit 2018 ‘Blazes a Trail’ into Austin
AUSTIN, Texas — Performance-based contractors took center stage in Austin, Texas, on March 5 as National Comfort Institute’s (NCI’s) Annual Summit Conference got underway. More than 100 contracting companies gathered in what was a record-setting Summit event.
In fact, this year’s theme, “Blaze Your Trail to High Performance,” focused on selling and delivering high-performance HVAC systems via air upgrades. Air upgrades are designed to surgically address and solve many indoor comfort, air quality, safety, and energy-efficiency issues in homes and buildings.
Summit 2018 included six workshops taught by performance-based contractors to an audience of performance-based contractors. These sessions included:
- ComfortMaxx Air: Put It to Work in Your Company! — presented by Nathan Copeland, comfort advisor, Copeland & Son AC & Heating Service Inc., Nashville, Tennessee;
- Productive and Profitable Duct Renovations — presented by Vince DiFilippo, president, DiFilippo’s Service Co., Paoli, Pennsylvania;
- Become Your Local Carbon Monoxide Evangelist — presented by Tom Johnson, president and general manager, TM Johnson Bros Inc., Cambridge, Minnesota;
- From Tradesman to Craftsman: How Our Company Made the Leap — presented by Kevin Walsh, owner/president, Schaafsma Heating & Cooling, Grand Rapids, Michigan;
- Where Indoor Air Quality Meets System Performance — presented by John Ellis, president, So Cal Air Dynamics Inc., Northridge, California; and
- You Too Can Sell High Performance HVAC — If You Just Do It! — presented by Eric Johnson, sales, Air Conditioning by Jay Inc., Scottsdale, Arizona.
In addition to sessions, Dominick Guarino led a six-member contractor panel discussion on how to overcome Performance-Based Contracting™ implementation hurdles.
“It is so good to be in the presence of those in our industry who work hard every day to not only improve the quality of life for our customers and coworkers but to also improve the overall performance in the way we do business,” said panelist Jim Ball, general manager of Ball Heating and Air Conditioning, Biloxi, Alabama. “Summit is an incredible forum for these trailblazers to gather together and reload.”
Publication date: 4/23/2018