The Food Marketing Institute’s (FMI’s) 2017 Energy & Store Development Conference will be held September 24-27 at the Hilton Bonnet Creek in Orlando, Florida. The conference offers an opportunity for leaders of the food retail industry and their business partners to discuss new refrigeration technology, energy-efficiency and conservation, as well as refrigeration system and store design.
- A manufacturer-retailer exchange that provides supermarket operators the opportunity to meet leading suppliers of energy management, HVAC, refrigeration, design, construction, and lighting systems.
- Comprehensive general sessions and targeted breakouts. Breakout sessions provide small group learning opportunities across three tracks: energy, refrigeration, and store development.
- “Alternative Refrigeration Case Studies” general session where innovation-minded retailers share their experiences transitioning from traditional to more sustainable refrigerants.
The refrigeration sessions scheduled to be included in this year’s breakouts are:
- HFO Case Studies
- Hydrocarbon Refrigerants: Understanding the Fire Hazards of Class A3 Refrigerants
- Refrigeration Solutions that Deliver Cost-effective Performance and Long-term Sustainability
- Impact of DOE and EPA Regulations on the Food Retail Industry
- Building a Technician Workforce in a Climate of Shifting Demographics
There will also be opportunities to connect with other professionals and potential business partners who have similar responsibilities and challenges, to gain new ideas to reduce costs and improve sustainability, and to help supermarkets build a shopping experience that meets their customers' evolving needs.
For more information or to register, visit https://www.fmi.org/energysd.
Publication date: 9/5/2017