BuildingIQ Launches 5i Platform for Energy Intelligence
Includes data capture analysis, advanced modeling, measurement and verification, and more
SAN FRANCISCO — BuildingIQ announced the launch of its 5i platform-enabled services, designed to deliver value to building operators at any stage of a building’s lifecycle. The company said the 5i platform and services provide a better building Internet of Things (IoT) solution for owner/operators due to its five pillar approach of data capture analysis, advanced modeling, measurement and verification, closed loop predictive control, and expert human analysis. The company said its services can be deployed selectively to meet the needs of any building, are subscription-based, and require little to no infrastructure changes to implement.
“The infrastructure and needs of buildings within a portfolio of properties can vary drastically from assets that are retired in place to state-of-the-art BMS [building management system] implementations,” said Michael Nark, president and CEO of BuildingIQ. “With the unveiling of the BuildingIQ 5i platform, we are offering building owners and managers an ability to balance the sometimes opposed needs of energy optimization, operational efficiency, and tenant comfort — all on one platform. Services built on the platform work together synergistically, so owner/operators need not worry about BMS changes or market evolution. The 5i platform approach evolves with their needs.” The 5i platform learns daily to provide an energy intelligence foundation for a building. As buildings evolve, so does the platform — accommodating new BMS, new feedback methodologies and sensors, and alternative generation such as solar and local storage.
By leveraging a building’s internal data (occupancy comfort, building characteristics, and meter data), external data (demand response signals, energy tariffs, and weather forecasts), and 24/7 access to BuildingIQ’s expert team of operators, building engineers, and data scientists, the 5i platform is able to deliver a blend of energy savings, operational efficiency, and tenant comfort benefits. Current offerings within the 5i platform include:
• Facilities Worksite for fast work order ticket creation and simple, intuitive scheduling;
• Systems Enablement for professional services that upgrade HVAC control related infrastructure to enable buildings to perform to their full potential;
• HVAC Controls Retro-Commissioning for a full service HVAC controls tune-up;
• HVAC Continuous Commissioning for optimized HVAC controls and BMS performance;
• Comfort Command for outsourced hot/cold calls.
Measurement and Verification
• Energy Worksite for evaluation of energy initiatives through single point one-time or rolling baselines and consumption trending;
• Predictive Energy Advisor for customized, accurate, actionable, weather-normalized 24-hour forecasts delivered daily via email;
• Automated M&V for a utility-grade, third-party verified solution that eliminates the need for onsite consultants.
• Demand Response for managed energy curtailments that meet utility targets, while adhering to comfort commitments;
• Predictive Energy Optimization™ for a learning, closed-loop service, informed with building expertise, that continually optimizes heating and cooling operations.
For more information on BuildingIQ 5i, visit www.buildingiq.com/products.
Publication date: 8/10/2016