Fluke Offers Free Online Course on Electrical Measurement Safety
Training provides guidance on how to minimize hazards while making electrical measurements
EVERETT, Wash. — Fluke Corp. is offering a free new online course: Fluke Electrical Measurement Safety. It features guidance reflecting the latest information on how to minimize potential hazards when performing electrical measurements. The four-hour course is intended to provide guidance to anyone who works with electricity, including electricians, electrical contractors, HVAC technicians, maintenance professionals, engineers, construction workers, and facility engineers.
The course covers seven topics from electrical standards to tools and tips:
1. Risks including shock and electrocution.
2. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), personal protective equipment (PPE), and safe work practices.
3. Test tool standards and rating.
4. Inspection requirements for test equipment.
5. Best practices for a safer work environment.
6. Practical tools and tips to extend your safety.
7. Implementing a test tool training program.
“Even simple acts involving electricity can go horribly wrong in a fraction of a second if you’re not aware of the dangers,” said Leah Friberg, global education manager for Fluke. “This new course combines guidance regarding the latest electrical standards with best practices and practical tips for electrical safety.”
Those completing the course will be awarded a certificate to acknowledge their accomplishment. To register and take the Fluke Electrical Measurement Safety Course, visit www.fluke.com/safety.
Publication date: 1/21/2016