SUNNYVALE, Calif. — Trimble has announced the launch of Trimble® Asset Tracking, a solution that provides visibility into the location and utilization of portable assets from a convenient portal. An enhancement to its fleet management portfolio, Trimble Asset Tracking enables field service organizations operating high-value portable assets, such as generators, pumps, or trailers towed behind a service vehicle, to better manage asset performance and costs to increase efficiencies and improve operations.
“We recognize the importance for businesses to have the visibility to not only manage their vehicles but also their portable assets,” said John Cameron, general manager of Trimble’s Field Service Management Division. “Asset tracking solutions are becoming an increasingly valuable tool for those that rent, lease, or own portable assets that are critical to their field service operation. Having real-time information into the location and utilization of portable assets can enable businesses to determine how best they should be deployed in order to optimize productivity and their return-on-investment.”
Trimble Asset Tracking is designed to be convenient, easy to use, and simple to set up. Key features include:
• A map view of the location and status of the towed, powered, and non-powered assets.
• Integration with Trimble Fleet Management to view vehicles alongside the assets within one interface.
• High-level utilization reports for an individual or group of assets from across multiple locations.
• Rugged hardware with simple installation.
• Long-life battery that can send location alerts for up to three months on a single charge.
• Real-time alerts if a unit changes location, has been disconnected, or wakes on motion for instant location reporting.
Trimble Asset Tracking enables businesses to streamline their workflow in the field by ensuring that assets are in the right place and can be found instantly when needed, enabling them to maximize the value of their expensive equipment. When deployed in conjunction with Trimble Fleet Management, businesses can benefit from a single portal to view their entire field operation, knowing where each vehicle and asset is in real time at the touch of a button.
Trimble’s Asset Tracking solution is available through its Field Service Management Division. For more information, visit www.trimble.com/fsm/asset_tracking.
Publication date: 10/30/2015