INDIANAPOLIS — Carrier distributors nationwide have announced the recipients of their annual college scholarship, and awarded grants this year totaling nearly $40,000. Carrier is a part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp.
Each year, the Carrier & Bryant Distributors’ Education Foundation awards 25 scholarships to outstanding students who are the children of Carrier and Bryant dealers. Byrant is also part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems.
“In addition to their roles as heating and cooling experts, Carrier distributors and dealers are dedicated to building value in their communities,” said David Meyers, vice president, sales, Carrier. “We’re proud to support them as they help to make possible the education dreams of these 25 students.”
The Carrier & Bryant Distributors’ Education Foundation has awarded nearly $500,000 to 315 students since 1998, when it began as the Blees Scholarship, in honor of the late William A. Blees, who served as a longtime adviser to Carrier and Bryant distributors. Following his passing, Carrier and Bryant heating and cooling equipment distributors established the foundation in Blees’ honor to award college scholarships to the children of HVAC dealers’ and contractors’ employees.
The students are awarded the scholarship based on academic achievement, extracurricular activity, leadership potential, and personal motivation. Applications are screened by a professional scholarship administration firm, which also reviews the candidate’s short essay on their educational and career aspirations.
The 2015 scholarship recipients are:
• Cody Albrecht, Norborne, Missouri
• Tanner Butler, Morrisonville, Illinois
• Samuel Cobb, Golden, Colorado
• Nicole Dusanek, Cave Creek, Arizona
• Berkely Frend, San Antonio, Texas
• Nicholas Gentry, Asheville, North Carolina
• Scott Haffner, Murphy, Texas
• James Harmon, Holt, Missouri
• Thomas Kita, Schofield, Wisconsin
• Trenton Koeper, Upland, California
• Ryan Kremer, Wapakoneta, Ohio
• Willow Larson, Vancouver, Washington
• Kelsey Marks, Naperville, Illinois
• Sylvana Marquina, Concord, California
• Sarah Marshall, Tipp City, Ohio
• Austin McHenry, Phoenix, Arizona
• Collen Mock, Quincy, Illinois
• Abigail Nash, Macon, Georgia
• Jarod Prescott, Cambridge, Wisconsin
• Lauren Pringle, Port Huron, Michigan
• Lauren Reed, Waukee, Iowa
• Ciara Schwarz, Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
• Thomas St. John, Kaukauna, Wisconsin
• Alejandro Trevino, San Antonio, Texas
• Alyssa Wenger, Lancaster, Ohio
For more information, visit www.carrier.com.
Publication date: 9/18/2015