VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. — The National Air Filtration Association (NAFA) has announced the recipients of its Clean Air Awards for 2015. The awards are presented each year to building owners and managers that take steps to significantly improve IAQ by increasing the level or efficiency of their HVAC air filtration system in 10 specific categories.
Candidates are nominated by both NAFA members and members of the facility management community for the award, and must submit detailed and specific steps taken towards cleaning the indoor environment through better air filtration and system hygiene. A NAFA-certified air filter specialist confirms these improvements.
Award-winning buildings must maintain IAQ diligence and submit inspection data each year in order to maintain the NAFA Clean Air Award.
The 2015 award recipients are:
• 3050 Post Oak Blvd. – Hines Interest – Houston
• Bentall-Kennedy – 777 Hornby – Vancouver, British Columbia
• The Bow Building – H & R REIT – Calgary, British Columbia, Canada
• Cadillac Fairview / Pacific Centre / 777 Dunsmuir – Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
• Camosun College – Fischer Building – Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
• Chase Tower – Bedrock Management – Detroit
• Commercial Place - GWL Realty Advisors – Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
• D.M.C. Children’s Hospital of Michigan – Detroit
• Dream Office Management Corp. 444 – 7th Ave. – Calgary, Alberta, Canada
• Dream Office Management Corp. – 606 4th St. – Calgary, Alberta, Canada
• Elbow River Casino – Calgary, Alberta, Canada
• Federal Reserve Building – Bedrock Management – Detroit
• Firelands Regional Medical Center – Sandusky, Ohio
• Greenspoint Place – Buildings 1 through 6 – Hines Interest – Houston
• Grey Eagle Resort Casino – Sonco Gaming Ltd. – Calgary, Alberta, Canada
• Harry Hays Building – Maple Leaf Property Management – Calgary, Alberta, Canada
• Metropolis at Metrotown & Metrotowers Ivanhoe Cambridge – Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
• Plaza 1000 – Trivest Realty Advisors Inc. – Calgary, Alberta, Canada
• Saint David’s South Austin Medical Center – Austin, Texas
• Select Specialty Hospital – Jackson, Mississippi
• South Park I, II, III, & IV – Morguard Investments Ltd. – Calgary, Alberta, Canada
• University of Kansas, Breidenthal Bioscience & Technology Business Center – Kansas City, Kansas
• Wells Fargo Advisors, CBRE – St. Louis
• Williams Tower – Hines Interest – Houston
NAFA also specially recognized two companies, Greenspoint Place and South Park, for including all of their office complex buildings for the Clean Air Award.
NAFA is a trade association for HVAC air filter manufacturers and distributors around the world. For more information, visit www.nafahq.org.
Publication date: 8/27/2015