The board named Wade Mayfield, president of Thermal Services Inc., Omaha, Neb., as the 2013-2014 chairman of the board. Mayfield has been involved in the HVAC business for 13 years. Having started as a sheet metal apprentice, he learned the business from the ground up. He has been president of Thermal Services for seven years. Thermal Services has 130+ employees spanning three branches located in Omaha and O’Neill, Neb., and Des Moines, Iowa. The company specializes in HVAC and plumbing in both the residential and commercial markets. Mayfield joined the NATE board in 2012 and has also served as chairman of the Heating and Cooling Contractors Association (HACCA), a local contractor association.
“I am honored to be elected as chairman of the NATE board of trustees,” said Mayfield. “As an HVACR professional and contractor, I know the value of NATE certification and am pleased to continue to work with NATE in this new role.”
Chris Baker, president of Virginia Air Distributors, and David Swift, president and CEO of Goodman/Amana, will continue to serve as vice-chairman and secretary/treasurer, respectively, for the 2013-2014 term. Donald Frendberg assumed the role of immediate past chairman. NATE also recognized the dedication and commitment of retiring board members Mitchell Cropp of Cropp-Metcalfe and Whit Perry of Northwest Mississippi Community College.
The newly elected members to the NATE board of trustees are Chris Nelson, president of Carrier Residential and Commercial Systems (RCS); Scott Goulet, president of M.E Flow Inc. of Leesburg, Va.; and David McIlwaine, president, CEO, and founder of HVAC Distributors Inc. of Mount Joy, Pa.
“I proudly welcome Wade and the new members of the NATE board of trustees and sincerely thank our retiring members for their service,” said NATE COO John Lanier. “NATE continues to set the standards for quality HVACR technicians and I look forward to working with the NATE board and staff to advance its vision.”
The remaining 2013-2014 members of the NATE board of trustees are:
• Dan Ashenden, group publisher, Mechanical Systems Group, Penton Media Inc.
• Spencer G. Atkins, president and COO, Weathertech Dist. Co. Inc.
• Gary S. Bedard, vice president and general manager, Lennox Industries
• Marc E. Bridgens, dean of School of Construction & Design Technologies, Pennsylvania College of Technology
• Dan Foley, president, Foley Mechanical Inc.
• Talbot Gee, executive vice president/COO, Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Distributors International (HARDI)
• Darrell Garrison, TAB/service specialist, International Training Institute
• Donald E. Jenkins, service manager, Shapiro & Duncan Inc.
• Gerard “Gerry” Kennedy, Ph.D., executive vice president, Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association (PHCC)
• Harlan “Skip” Krepcik, CMS, Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES) Region 4 director
• Mark A. Lowry, executive vice president, Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES)
• Mike Murphy, publisher, The ACHR NEWS
• Ed Purvis, executive vice president, Emerson Climate Technologies
• Wayne R. Reedy, ASHRAE
• Paul Stalknecht, president and CEO, Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA)
• Terry Tanker, publisher, HVACR Business
• Chandler von Schrader, program manager, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
• Stephen R.Yurek, president/CEO, Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI)
For more information, visit www.natex.org.
Publication date: 10/14/2013