• Evapco Inc. (Taneytown, Md.) announced a 4 percent price increase on products available from all domestic facilities and subsidiaries, effective immediately.
• Modern Supply (Knoxville, Tenn.) welcomed Rob McInturff as branch manager of the Johnson City, Tenn., location.
• Trade Service (San Diego) celebrated 80 years in business.
• Industrial Controls (Wanamassa, N.J.) named Paul Barsa vice president of marketing.
• National Energy Control Corp. (Havertown, Pa.) was named as a ControLinks distributor by Honeywell.
• Embassy Group Ltd. (Elgin, Ill.) announced that in their ongoing efforts to expand their HVAC division, they have added five additional HVAC vendors who joined the group effective Jan. 1, 2012. The additional vendors are JB Industries (instruments, vacuum pumps & tools), Nu-Calgon (specialty chemicals), Ritchie Engineering/Yellow Jacket (charging hoses & gauges), Sterling/Beacon Morris (gas unit heaters, hydronic heaters & air units), and Unico (high-velocity systems/chillers).
• Colonial Commercial Corp. (Hawthorne, N.J.) announced the appointment of Peter Gasiewicz as its president and chief operating officer.
• Jackson Systems LLC (Indianapolis) celebrated 15 years in business.
• Cliplight Mfg. (Toronto) became a North American Technician Excellence (NATE) approved trainer and proctor.
• Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating (Suwanee, Ga.) promoted Ron Newman to senior director of contractor development, Eric Griffin to senior director of channel sales, Dennis Cobb to senior director of commercial sales, and Dale Fields to senior director of strategic accounts.
• Danfoss (Baltimore) has announced that while still producing fixed-speed products, they are making significant investments in their Arkadelphia, Ark., plant to support variable-speed production for U.S. customers.
• The Heating, Airconditioning & Refrigeration Distributors International (HARDI) promoted Jonathan Melchi to director of government affairs.
Publication date: 02/06/2012