• North American Technician Excellence (NATE) will host a study of electrical and mechanical dynamics occurring during the first second of a compressor motor startup, 1-3 p.m. in room S102d.
• Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) will discuss the history and development of variable refrigerant flow (VRF) and its newest certification program, Standard 1230, 1:30-3 p.m. in room S101b.
• American Society of Heating, Refrigerating & Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) will examine how aluminum condensing boilers improve hydronic system efficiency, and how to address multimetal systems from a water treatment approach, 3-4:30 p.m. in room S106a.
Tuesday, Jan. 24
• Heating, Airconditioning & Refrigeration Distributors International (HARDI) will discuss the benefits of adding total heat rotary regenerative heat exchangers to outdoor systems, review psychrometric processes, and review the energy saving benefits of dedicated outdoor air systems, 9-10:30 a.m. in room S101a.
• The International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition (AHR Expo) will present its 2011 Product of the Year at 1 p.m. in the New Product Technology area on the show floor.
Wednesday, Jan. 25
• LonMark International’s professional certification program will be conducted 2-5 p.m. in room S103d.
Publication date: 01/23/2012