From cryogenics to strawberries, from fishing vessels to mortuaries, the 2022 ASHRAE Handbook—Refrigeration covers the refrigeration equipment and systems essential for applications other than human comfort. This volume includes data and guidance on cooling, freezing, and storing food; industrial and medical applications of refrigeration; and low-temperature refrigeration.
Some of this volume’s most exciting revisions are as follows:
- Chapter 2, Ammonia Refrigeration Systems, has added information on safety considerations and hydraulic shock.
- Chapter 3, Carbon Dioxide Refrigeration Systems, has new tables for carbon steel and copper pipe capacities, as well as updates to system design and piping information.
- Chapter 6, Refrigerant System Chemistry, has added content on recent research by ASHRAE and others.
- Chapter 8, Equipment and System Dehydrating, Charging, and Testing, has new clarifications of test certification standards, and a discussion of overall system typical dehydration levels.
- Chapter 17, Household Refrigerators and Freezers, has been updated for current test standards and equipment types, coverage of the move to HC refrigerants and safety when servicing equipment, with added information from recent research on the effects of storage conditions on food preservation.
- Chapter 24, Refrigerated-Facility Loads, has new guidance on fan motor loads.
- Chapter 44, Ice Rinks, has been updated for current practice and refrigerants use, and rearranged for better presentation.
This volume is published in two editions: one using inch-pound (I-P) units of measurement, the other using the International System of Units (SI). Formats include print, PDF download, and online.