CORK, IRELAND — Johnson Controls announced the launch of OpenBlue Indoor Air Quality as a Service. The new offering is the first dedicated “as-a-service" Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) solution for buildings, delivering energy-efficient, turnkey clean air outcomes.
“Johnson Controls believes the best healthy buildings strategy is a holistic one,” said Ganesh Ramaswamy, vice president and president, global services at Johnson Controls. “This suite of offerings delivers the market’s most comprehensive portfolio of solutions, plus expert guidance, to help customers cut building costs, raise productivity, and exploit new revenue opportunities — all while delivering on their sustainability goals, resulting in healthy people, healthy places, and a healthy planet.”
OpenBlue Indoor Air Quality as a Service provides customers with a long-term proactive approach to IAQ to meet ever-changing health and safety compliance standards, while leveraging OpenBlue technology to optimize IAQ and energy costs. OpenBlue Indoor Air Quality as a Service will launch globally in February. The offering includes five key components:
- IAQ assessments — Together with UL, Johnson Controls will use a combination of science and technology to assess IAQ, pinpoint areas of risk, and determine benchmarks and KPIs that support better IAQ, energy efficiency, and cost savings.
- Solution application — Based on the results of the assessment, Johnson Controls will apply IAQ sensors, products, and services required to meet customers’ desired outcomes. OpenBlue technology breaks down data silos and delivers all critical IAQ information in one centralized place, making it easy to control devices, display IAQ data, and identify trends, helping optimize energy costs and indoor air quality levels with AI-powered recommendations for improvements.
- Remote monitoring & advisory — To ensure desired outcomes are met, Johnson Controls will leverage its global Remote Operations Centers (ROCs) to provide 24/7 monitoring of critical IAQ values and recommendations for improvements from our team of experts.
- Annual IAQ reassessment — Acknowledging the dynamic nature of all buildings, Johnson Controls will provide annual IAQ reassessments and work with clients to enhance their operations as needed to maximize return on their IAQ investments.
- Financing — OpenBlue Indoor Air Quality as a Service will be offered through an optional, predictable monthly financing model. Through this model, customers will not have to worry about making large upfront capital decisions. Since the model is scalable, Johnson Controls can help organizations shift their operational models from being COVID-19-reactive to productivity- proactive to meet longer-term goals.
Industry research continues to demonstrate the benefits of a holistic approach to indoor air quality control and management. In a survey of Johnson Controls customers, 60% are actively investing in IAQ-related measures.
“Now, more than ever, enhancing indoor air quality is a critical business need as employees return to their workplaces and students return to their schools,” said Tyler Smith, executive director, healthy buildings at Johnson Controls. “Our industry-leading OpenBlue Indoor Air Quality as a Service offering not only enables organizations to keep building occupants safe and healthy indoors in the face of evolving health and compliance regulations, but also empowers organizations to commit to more environmentally sustainable projects by delivering a solution that will also reduce energy use.”
Report Abusive Comment