Dave Nelson Scholarship Applications for Technicians Now Being Accepted
Technicians can receive up to $2,000
CRANFORD, N.J. — OESP's (Oil & Energy Service Professionals) Dave Nelsen Scholarship Program was established in 1999 to provide scholarships to students interested in pursuing their careers in the energy service industry and has presented more than $300,000 in awards.
OESP expanded this program this past year to technicians in the energy service industry for qualifying education up to a maximum of $2,000.
Eligibility Requirements: In order to be considered to receive a scholarship, you must meet all of the following criteria.
- You must apply for the scholarship at least two weeks before the start of the class.
- You must have sponsorship by a local OESP chapter.
- You must have been working as a technician for a minimum of one year in the field of HVAC, propane, or oil.
- You must be working at a company with a membership in OESP.
- You must present a detailed explanation of the class you wish to take and the benefits to you of the class, in your own words. Please include a separate sheet with this explanation.
- You may apply up to two times, to receive a maximum of $2,000.
- Classes that may qualify:
- A licensing fee does not qualify for reimbursement, but the courses to achieve the license do qualify.
- Manufacturer training may qualify, please present for evaluation.
- National Oilheat Research Alliance (NORA) education either on-site at a NORA location or at the EEE will qualify. The NORA exam fees do not qualify.
- Certifications (present for evaluation)
Click here for complete eligibility requirements and to download an application. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Submit a press release here!