The Oil and Energy Service Professionals (OESP) Dave Nelsen Scholarship Program was established in 1999 to provide scholarships to students interested in pursuing their careers in the energy service industry and has presented more than $300,000 in awards.
OESP expanded this program to Technicians in the energy service industry. Beginning immediately, OESP will be offering scholarship to technicians for qualifying education up to a maximum of $2,000.
In order to be eligible, applicants must meet all of the following requirements.
- Must apply for the scholarship at least two weeks before the start of the class.
- Must have sponsorship by a local OESP chapter.
- Must have been working as a technician for a minimum of one year in HVAC, propane, or oil fields.
- Must be working at a company with a membership in OESP.
- Must present a detailed explanation of the class and the benefits it offers.
Applicants may apply up to two times, to receive a maximum of $2,000. A licensing fee does not qualify for reimbursement, but the courses to achieve the license do qualify.
For more information, click here.
Publication date: 4/9/2019