ASHRAE Releases New HVAC Applications Handbook
Includes three new chapters, and updates
ATLANTA — ASHRAE announced the release of its 2019 ASHRAE Handbook—HVAC Applications.
The newly published HVAC Applications volume comprised of 65 chapters covering a broad range of facilities and topics was written to help engineers design and use equipment and systems described in other handbook volumes. Main sections cover comfort, industrial, energy-related and general applications, as well as building operations and management.
The 2019 edition includes three new chapters:
- Indoor Swimming Pools (Chapter 6)
- Indoor Airflow Modeling (Chapter 59)
- Occupant-Centric Sensing and Controls (Chapter 65)
Some other updates include:
- Educational Facilities (Chapter 8) provides updated design criteria, and a new section on central plant optimization for higher education campuses and educational facilities for students with disabilities.
- Health Care Facilities (Chapter 9) has been extensively rewritten to address current health care requirements.
- Solar Energy (Chapter 36) has added updated guidance on solar thermal collectors and photovoltaic applications, with new information on design and performance of photovoltaic systems and on installation and operation guidelines for photovoltaic systems, with new practical examples.
- Integrated Building Design (Chapter 60) has been completely rewritten to give more detail on Integrated Building Design (IBD) process.
- Mold and Moisture (Chapter 64) revises the order of risk factors for mold to better reflect their relative importance and added information from ASHRAE RP-1712 to advise on components and configuration of dedicated outdoor air (DOAS) systems to help avoid mold growth in schools, universities, and military barracks during extended periods of unoccupied-mode HVAC operation.
ASHRAE has completed distribution of complimentary copies to members and is now offering this resource to the public.
The 2019 ASHRAE Handbook—HVAC Applications is available in two editions: I-P (inch-pound) or SI (International System) units of measurement. The cost of the print bound volume is $220 in I-P or SI.
Individual chapters may also be purchased as digital downloads in PDF format.
To purchase, visit ashrae.org/bookstore.