ASHRAE Introduces 2019-2020 President, Officers, and Directors
Introduced during ASHRAE Annual Conference
ATLANTA — ASHRAE installed its 2019-2020 president, executive committee officers, and directors during its 2019 ASHRAE Annual Conference, June 22-26, in Kansas City, Missouri.
ASHRAE’s 2019-20 president is Darryl K. Boyce, P.Eng., Fellow Life Member ASHRAE. During his inaugural presidential address, Boyce announced the new Society theme will be “Building for People and Performance. Achieving Operational Excellence.” The theme focuses on overcoming the challenges associated with the efficient operation and performance of buildings. He shared insights into leveraging the latest strategies and innovative technologies to ensure operational success for the people living and working within buildings.
“People must succeed within the buildings we create,” said Boyce. “ASHRAE is committed to preparing building professionals through learning opportunities, engagement, and adopting better practices. These are the steps needed to achieve effective operational performance and operator experience.”
Boyce is special advisor to the vice-president (Finance and Administration) at Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Elected officers who will serve one-year terms are as follows:
- President-elect: Charles E. Gulledge III, senior mechanical engineer, Environmental Air Systems LLC, High Point, North Carolina
- Treasurer: Michael C.A. (Mick) Schwedler, applications engineering manager, Trane, La Crosse, Wisconsin
- Vice president: K. William (Bill) Dean, regional site operations manager, National Research Council of Canada, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Vice president: Malcolm (Dennis) Knight, owner, Whole Building Systems, LLC, Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina
- Vice president: William F. (Bill) McQuade, vice president sector services, Air Conditioning, Heating, & Refrigeration Institute, New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
- Vice president: Farooq Mehboob, principal consultant, S. Mehboob & Company Consulting Engineers, Karachi, Pakistan
ASHRAE introduced its newest directors and regional chairs who will serve three-year terms from 2019-22:
- Region IV director and regional chair: Steven (Steve) A. Marek, design engineer, Hanahan, South Carolina
- Region V director and regional chair: Douglas (Doug) F. Zentz, associate professor and program coordinator, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan
- Region VI director and regional chair: Richard (Rick) D. Hermans, retired, director of training and advanced applications, McQuay International, Lino Lakes, Minnesota
- Region XII director and regional chair: Robin E. Bryant, project manager, B&I Contractors Inc., Fort Myers, Florida.
- Region XIII director and regional chair: Apichit Lumlertpongpana, managing director, I.T.C. Company Ltd., Saphansoong, Bangkok, Thailand
ASHRAE also introduced its newest directors-at-large (DALs):
- Kelley P. Cramm, P.E., senior technical leader, Henderson Engineers, Lenexa, Kansas
- Jaap Hogeling, manager, ISSO, Lienden, Netherlands
- Ashish Rakheja, director/chief operating officer, Aeon, Noida, India
Publication date: 6/27/2019