Focus is On "What's New" at 2015 AHR Expo
Hundreds of New Products/Solutions to be Showcased in Chicago
Westport, Conn. — According to a post-show survey of several thousand industry professionals who attended the 2014 AHR Expo, 94 percent said they came to see “what’s new” in the marketplace. An additional 91 percent said attending the Show was an important way to look for new suppliers.
And according to Clay Stevens, president, International Exposition Company, which produces and manages the AHR Expo, more than 40,000 HVACR professionals expected to attend the 2015 event in Chicago, January 26-28, will not be disappointed.
Stevens said that based on a joint ASHRAE and AHR Expo survey of more than 2,000 exhibitors in the 2014 Show, more than two-thirds said that they introduced new products at the New York Show. However, early indications are that the number of new product introductions and new solutions may be even higher in Chicago. He cited the following facts:
• 85 percent of exhibitors submitting products for the 2015 Product Preview said they will be showing “new” or “upgraded” products.
• There are 112 first-time exhibitors, nearly half from companies outside the U.S. This means new products never-before-seen in the U.S. will be showcased for the first time.
• There will be more than 60 presentations from dozens of exhibitors at the New Product & Technology Theaters. This is up from 54 presentations in 2014.
• Several of the more than 100 AHR Expo and ASHRAE educational sessions will deal with new product and/or technology solutions.
• The 2015 AHR Expo Innovation Awards presentation will showcase the most innovative products available in the HVACR Industry.
• The 2015 Show is on track for another record-breaking event, which means more exhibiting companies and more new products.
“As the world’s largest HVACR exposition, there are always thousands of new product introductions and innovative solutions debuting at AHR Expo,” Stevens added. “However, it appears that the upcoming Chicago Show may set a new standard for product introductions.”
AHR Expo is endorsed by 34 of the leading HVACR industry associations and is co-sponsored by ASHRAE and the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI). The Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI) is an honorary sponsor.
For more information, www.ahrexpo.com.