Mitsubishi Electric held its annual distributor conference early this month and awarded multiple distributors for their 2012 performance. Who was honored and what did the conference speakers cover?
SUWANEE, Ga. - Mitsubishi Electric US Cooling and Heating Division (Mitsubishi Electric) held its annual Distributor Conference at the Ritz-Carlton in Kapalua, Hawaii, March 1-4. More than 120 distributors, manufacturer’s representatives, employees, and spouses attended the conference.
During the conference, distributors and manufacturer’s representatives whose performance surpassed expectations in 2012 were honored. The Distributor of the Year Award recognizes the organization that has performed above and beyond all others in sales, market development and service levels with Mitsubishi Electric’s products. The 2012 Distributor of the Year award went to ABCO HVACR Supply + Solutions, Long Island City, N.Y.
Quota Buster and Superior Sales awards were given to distributors who exceeded their established quotas for the past year. Also awarded at the conference was the2012 Manufacturer’s Representative of the Year award, which went to Roy C. Martin Company Inc., Birmingham, Ala., acknowledging the company’s overall growth in its sales territory.
“The commitment of our distributors and manufacturer’s representatives is integral to our past success and future progress,” said Bud Nardello, vice president of sales, Mitsubishi Electric. “This important annual gathering allows us to acknowledge the significant contributions of our partners toward our common business goals.”
Throughout the three-day conference, attendees participated in discussion groups, strategy sessions and knowledge sharing on how best to support the Mitsubishi Electric brand. Sessions focused on commercial and residential product marketing strategies and how to use new media to meet goals and ultimately achieve progress.
“The theme of this year’s conference was ‘ho’oholomua,’ a Hawaiian word that roughly translates to ‘progress,’ ” said Nardello. “The strength and continued growth of our relationships with our distributors and manufacturer’s representatives is essential to Mitsubishi Electric’s success. They are the foundation to our progress as we move forward.”
Attendees also heard from several guest speakers:
- Sully Sullenberger, aviation safety expert, delivered the keynote speech. Sullenberger is a former U.S. Airways pilot who, in 2009, safely navigated flight 1549 into an emergency water landing in New York’s Hudson River after engine failure. Sullenberger’s speech focused on the importance of being prepared to meet the challenges of life and how everyone must embrace change to succeed.
- Dr. Jeffrey Dietrich, a popular economics speaker, spoke on the state of the economy and forecast for growth.
- Jamie Whitmore, Xterra Triathlon world champion and cancer survivor, gave a motivational speech entitled, “Believe That You Can.”
- Norberto Lara, U.S. Army veteran and West Coast outreach coordinator of the Wounded Warrior Project, added to Whitmore’s inspiring message by delivering his speech, “Believe That You Will.”
- Katsua Takamiya, president and CEO of Mitsubishi Electric US Group Companies, delivered the opening and closing remarks.
For more information, visit www.mehvac.com.
Mitsubishi Electric Awards Distributors
March 15, 2013