LOUISVILLE, KY — Twelve top plumbing and HVACR students received honors in the plumbing and HVACR competitions of the annual SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Contest, held June 25-29 in Louisville, Kentucky.
The PHCC Educational Foundation supports the plumbing and HVACR contests each year. The Foundation’s Plumbing Apprentice and Journeyman Training Committee makes up the majority of the SkillsUSA Plumbing Technical Committee, and members were on hand to set up and help with contest judging. The PHCC Educational Foundation also has a representative on the SkillsUSA HVACR Technical Committee, who assists with set up and contest judging.
Throughout the week, nearly 6,200 secondary and post-secondary career and technical education students competed in more than 100 trades contests. This year’s plumbing honors went to:
- First Place Secondary — Nolan Moore, North Cobb High School, Kennesaw, Georgia;
- First Place Post-Secondary — Keith Ashby, Davis Technical College, Kaysville, Utah;
- Second Place Secondary — Benjamin Thibodeau, H. H. Ellis Technical High School, Danielson, Connecticut;
- Second Place Post-Secondary — Brian Ehly, Williamson College of the Trades, Media, Pennsylvania;
- Third Place Secondary — Michael Doherty, Burlington County Institute of Technology, Westhampton, New Jersey; and
- Third Place Post-Secondary — James Tarver, Manatee Technical College, Bradenton, Florida.
This year’s HVACR honors went to:
- First Place Secondary — Ian McCleese, Collins Career Center, Chesapeake, Ohio;
- First Place Post-Secondary — Casey Dowell, Tennessee College of Applied Technology, McKenzie, Tennessee;
- Second Place Secondary — Jonathan Link, Waterloo High School, Waterloo, Illinois;
- Second Place Post-Secondary — Owen Dougherty, Penn College of Technology, Williamsport, Pennsylvania;
- Third Place Secondary — Bryant Crow, Ozarks Technical Community College-Career Center, Springfield, Missouri; and
- Third Place Post-Secondary — Blaine Feeler, State Technical College of Missouri, Linn, Missouri.
Publication date: 7/18/2018