CRANFORD, N.J. — The National Association of Oil and Energy Service Professionals (OESP) recently announced the winners of its 2018 Dave Nelsen Scholarship.
The Dave Nelsen Scholarship was established in 1999 as a way to remember and recognize the commitment to education made by OESP member Dave Nelsen. The scholarship is awarded to students or technicians who are currently or planning to attend a technical college or trade school, pursuing a career in the oil & energy industry.
“We are extremely proud of the 2018 Dave Nelsen Scholarship recipients,” said Ralph Adams, OESP president. “These individuals are the best of the best applicants and we are confident that they will continue the legacy of Dave Nelsen. We are very thankful to our corporate, association and OESP chapter sponsors, who, along with OESP, co-sponsor the scholarships each year."
“Our company is proud to be able to offer educational assistance to young people entering our industry” said Joe Langlois, marketing manager from ECR Intl., which supports the scholarships. “A career in the HVAC industry will offer a wealth of opportunities for these fine scholarship recipients.”
“We are proud to give back to our industry in this valuable way,” Kevin Beckett, president and CEO of Beckett Corp., added. “It means a lot to us to support our future by providing this opportunity to students each year.”
The 2018 Dave Nelsen Scholarship winners include:
- Matthew Juliano (two-time winner), attending Porter and Chester Institute, Stratford, Connecticut. This scholarship was co-sponsored by the OESP Connecticut chapters.
- Liam Morse, attending Porter and Chester Institute, Rocky Hill, Connecticut. This scholarship was co-sponsored jointly by the OESP New Haven, New York City, and Westchester chapters.
- Sean Meade, attending Springfield Technical Community College, Springfield, Massachusetts. This scholarship was co-sponsored by R.W. Beckett.
- Junior De Pina, working for Lamparelli Oil and attending Peterson School’s Oil Heat Program. This scholarship was co-sponsored jointly by the OESP Mid Atlantic and Rhode Island chapters.
- Liam Hogan, attending Porter and Chester Institute, Stratford, Connecticut. This scholarship was co-sponsored by ECR Intl.
- Matthew Coolbroth, attending the New Hampshire School of Mechanical Trades, Conway, New Hampshire. This scholarship was co-sponsored by the South Central Pennsylvania Energy Association.
Publication date: 7/17/2018