CRANFORD, N.J. — The National Association of Oil and Energy Service Professionals (OESP) announced the winners of the 2019 Dave Nelsen Scholarship.
The Dave Nelsen Scholarship was established in 1999 as a way to remember and recognize the commitment to education made by OESP member Dave Nelsen. The scholarship is awarded to students or technicians who are currently or planning to attend a technical college or trade school, pursuing a career in the oil and energy industry.
“We are extremely proud of the 2019 Dave Nelsen Scholarship recipients,” OESP President Ralph Adams said. “These individuals are the best of the best applicants and we are confident that they will continue the legacy of Dave Nelsen.”
“We are very thankful to our corporate, association and OESP chapter sponsors, who, along with OESP, co-sponsor the scholarships each year,” Adams added.
“Our company is proud to be able to offer educational assistance to young people entering our industry,” said Michael Klas, director of sales and marketing from ECR International, which supports the scholarships. “A career in the HVAC industry will offer a wealth of opportunities for these fine scholarship recipients.”
“We are proud to give back to our industry in this valuable way,” Kevin Beckett, president and CEO of Beckett Corporation, added. “It means a lot to us to support our future by providing this opportunity to students each year.”
The 2019 Dave Nelsen Scholarship winners are:
- Peter Bennett - Attends Pennsylvania College of Technology in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, and resides in Sea Cliff, New York. This scholarship was co-sponsored jointly by the OESP New York City and Westchester Chapters.
- Dylan Cote - Attends Bristol Tech in Bristol, Connecticut, and resides in Farmington, Connecticut. This scholarship was sponsored by ECR International.
- Sean Meade - Attends Springfield Technical Community College in Springfield, Massachusetts, and resides in South Hadley, Massachusetts. This scholarship was co-sponsored by R.W. Beckett.
- Douglas Sebastian - Attends Camden County College in Camden, New Jersey, and resides in Hammonton, New Jersey. This scholarship was sponsored by the OESP Mid Atlantic Chapter.
- Ian West - Attends Pennsylvania College of Technology in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, and resides in Hummelstown, Pennsylvania. This scholarship was co-sponsored by the South Central Pennsylvania Energy Association.