The Department of Energy (DOE) has issued a pre-publication Federal Register notice of proposed rulemaking pertaining to test procedures for walk-in coolers and walk-in freezers (July 29, 2016). DOE will host a public meeting on Monday, September 12, 2016 from 9:30 am - 12:30 pm in Washington, DC.
- To attend the meeting via webinar, please register.
- To attend the public meeting in person please email Appliance_Standards_Public_Meetings@ee.doe.gov.
- The comment period closes 60 days after publication in the Federal Register.
- Find more information on the rulemaking, including statutory authority, current standards, test procedures, waivers, exceptions, and exemptions, and contact information.
- All notices, public comments, public meeting transcripts, and supporting documents associated with this rulemaking are included in docket number EERE-2016-BT-TP-0030.