Consumers Energy Honors Companies for Helping Households Cut Energy Use
Excellence in Energy Efficiency Awards salute nearly 70 Michigan companies
JACKSON, Mich. — Consumers Energy announced it is honoring nearly 70 Michigan companies that work with the Michigan energy provider to help households lower costs through energy efficiency, making an impact of over $1 billion on customer bills since 2009.
“We are a Michigan-based company, working with a large network of Michigan businesses to deliver savings that are powering our state’s economy,” said Garrick Rochow, Consumers Energy’s vice president and chief customer officer. “The businesses that support our energy efficiency programs are putting people to work directly in Michigan as they help others reduce their energy use and manage their monthly energy costs.”
The following Michigan companies were among those honored:
• Bel-Aire Heating and Air Conditioning — Based in Grand Rapids, the company was honored for its commitment to the heating, cooling, and water heating program, as well as the Home Performance with Energy Star® program. It has helped deliver over $1.4 million in customer rebates since 2009.
• Dr. Energy Saver — The Lansing company was recognized for its work in the Home Performance with Energy Star program, generating nearly $770,000 in customer rebates since 2011.
• The Insulation Man Inc. — The Macomb County-based company was honored as the top performing contractor in the Home Performance with Energy Star program and for outstanding customer experience in the insulation and windows program.
• Randazzo Mechanical HVAC — The Macomb County-based company delivered the most total natural gas savings for customers and was named top performing contractor in the heating, cooling, and water heating program. Randazzo Mechanical also has been nominated for a Governor’s Energy Excellence Award.
• Vredevoogd Heating and Cooling — The company, based in Kent County, delivered the most total electric savings for customers in the heating, cooling, and water heating program.
Consumers Energy provides natural gas and electricity to 6.7 million of Michigan’s 10 million residents. For more information about its energy efficiency solutions for homes and businesses, visit www.consumersenergy.com/save.
Publication date: 6/13/2016