CHANTILLY, Va. — The Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association’s (SMACNA’s) College of Fellows announced it is now accepting scholarship applications for the 2016-2017 academic year. College of Fellows scholarships are available to undergraduate students from the association’s extended family, which includes SMACNA contractors, employees of SMACNA contractors, SMACNA Fellows, employees of SMACNA chapters, employees of SMACNA National, SMACNA National associate members, and members of the families of all of these groups.
SMACNA’s College of Fellows currently administers 30 active scholarships including:
• 15 College of Fellows scholarships at $3,000 per year.
• 9 endowed scholarships of $3,000 per year.
• 3 SMACNA scholarships at $2,000 per year.
• 1 endowed scholarship of $2,000 per year.
• 1 endowed scholarship at $4,000 per year.
• 1 endowed scholarship of $500 per year.
The following endowments, sponsored by SMACNA chapters, are typically available once every four years:
• SMACNA Arizona (J.B. Rodgers Foundation) — 2 scholarships.
• Bay Area SMACNA chapter — 2 scholarships (one in memory of Richard DeBrine and one in honor of Lonnie Michael III).
• Georgia-SMACNA — 1 scholarship (in memory of Robert Harris).
• Florida SMACNA — 1 scholarship.
• SMACNA-St. Louis Chapter — 1 scholarship (George “Butch” Welsch endowment).
• SMACNA Greater Chicago — 2 scholarships (in memory of Marty and Victor Comforte).
In addition, the College administers a one-year $3,000 Ernest R. Menold scholarship, sponsored by the Sheet Metal Contractors Association of Philadelphia and Vicinity, and a one-year $3,000 endowment sponsored by the Sheet Metal Contractors of Northern New Jersey.
The SMACNA Sacramento chapter sponsors a one-year $2,000 endowment and two one-year junior college scholarships of $500 each. The Sheet Metal Contractors Association of Oklahoma sponsors two one-year endowed scholarships of $2,000 each.
Apply online on SMACNA’s College of Fellows’ Scholarship Web page. Submit or postmark your application by March 31, 2016.
Publication date: 1/4/2016