Dec. 26, 2014: SMACNA Accepting Scholarship Applications for 2015-2016
Organization Is Currently Administering 33 Active Scholarships
CHANTILLY, Va. — The Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA) has announced that its College of Fellows is now accepting scholarship applications for the 2015-2016 academic year.
College of Fellows scholarships are available to undergraduate students from SMACNA’s extended family, which includes SMACNA contractors, employees of SMACNA contractors, SMACNA Fellows, employees of SMACNA chapters, employees of SMACNA National, SMACNA National Associate Members, and members of the families of all of these groups.
The organization is currently administering 33 active scholarships including:
• Fifteen College of Fellows Scholarships at $3,000 per year.
• Eleven endowed scholarships of $3,000 per year.
• Three SMACNA scholarships at $2,000 per year.
• One endowed scholarship of $2,000 per year.
• One endowed scholarship of $4,000 per year.
• Two endowed scholarships of $500 per year.
The endowments consist of the following, and these scholarships are typically available once every four years:
• Two scholarships sponsored by the J.B. Rodgers Foundation (SMACNA Arizona).
• Two sponsored by the Bay Area SMACNA chapter (one in memory of Richard DeBrine and one in honor of Lonnie Michael III).
• One sponsored by Georgia-SMACNA in memory of Robert Harris.
• One sponsored by Florida SMACNA.
• One George “Butch” Welsch endowment sponsored by the SMACNA St. Louis Chapter.
• Two sponsored by SMACNA Chicago in memory of Marty and Victor Comforte.
The College of Fellows also administers a one-year $3,000 Ernest R. Menold scholarship, sponsored by the Sheet Metal Contractors Association of Philadelphia & Vicinity, and a one-year $3,000 endowment sponsored by the Sheet Metal Contractors of Northern New Jersey.
The SMACNA Sacramento chapter sponsors a one-year $2,000 endowment and two one-year junior college scholarships of $500 each. The Sheet Metal Contractors Association of Oklahoma sponsors two one-year endowed scholarships of $2,000 each.
Applications must be submitted no later than March 31, 2015. For more information and an online application form, visit SMACNA’s College of Fellows’ Scholarship web page.
Publication date: 12/22/2014