ANDOVER, Mass. — Schneider Electric has announced the launch of Wiser Air™, the company’s first Wi-Fi smart thermostat for residential consumers. The company said Wiser Air couples its energy management expertise with intelligent design and state-of-the-art technology to provide consumers with a tool that delivers energy efficient comfort.
Featuring a smartphone-style, high-resolution 3.5-inch color touchscreen and a plug-and-play design, Schneider Electric said Wiser Air has been developed to be easy to install and intuitive to operate. It syncs seamlessly with its smartphone app, creating a unified experience across any device or operating system. The thermostat’s hardware and Wi-Fi capability supports automatic updates, giving homeowners access to the latest technology advancements over time, without needing to purchase a new device.
“Wiser Air fills the gap in the home energy market for smart, easy-to-use solutions that help homeowners simplify energy efficiency,” said Yann Kulp, vice president of residential energy solutions, Schneider Electric. “We’re excited to bring our commercial energy management expertise to the consumer market with a product that puts the user experience first in every aspect.”
Key features of Wiser Air include:
• Wiser Forecast: Wiser Air incorporates Schneider Electric’s weather forecasting technology, which is its first use in a consumer application. Wiser Forecast provides extreme weather alerts and allows homeowners to adapt to the latest weather information, before leaving the home, increasing home comfort and energy efficiency.
• Comfort Boost™: Delivers 15-60 minutes of on-demand heating or cooling at the touch of a button to promote optimal comfort without affecting thermostat settings and schedules.
• Smart Sensors: Smart Sense™ sensors automatically interact with the user when near, and respond to real-time changes in temperature and light.
• Wiser Pulse™: Conveniently provides a status update with just a glance at the user configurable ambient glow, enabling homeowners to be more aware of energy use.
• Ready Modes: Ready mode functionality allows homeowners to easily tweak their energy schedule to their personal settings with one touch.
• Advanced Scheduling: Flexible scheduling and automatic programming features help homeowners to more easily maximize energy savings.
For more information, visit www.wiserair.com.
Publication date: 12/15/2015