AHRI Announces New Officers, Presents Awards
New chairman is Doug Young, president and COO of Lennox International Residential Heating and Cooling
ARLINGTON, Va. — The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) elected new officers and presented awards to HVACR industry leaders at its annual meeting in Bonita Springs, Florida.
“We are honored to recognize very deserving individuals and also to welcome these innovative leaders,” said Stephen Yurek, AHRI president and CEO. “We are very grateful to them for their service to AHRI and the HVACR and water heating industry.”
AHRI’s new chairman is Doug Young, president and COO of Lennox International Residential Heating and Cooling.
The officers and executive committee are:
• Vice chairman: Chris Drew, vice president, Burnham Holdings Inc.
• Treasurer: Ron Duncan, president, Magic Aire
• Immediate past chairman: Ed Purvis, COO, Emerson
The executive committee includes:
• Dennis Appel, executive vice president, Heat Transfer Solutions, Luvata
• John Galyen, president, Danfoss North America
• Nicholas Giuffre, president and CEO, Bradford White
• Bill Johnson, president and CEO, Dover Refrigeration & Food Equipment
• Chris Nelson, president, North America HVAC, Carrier
• Chris Peel, senior vice president and COO, Rheem Manufacturing
• Earle Pfefferkorn, president, Cleaver-Brooks
• Dave Regnery, president, North America, Climate Solutions, Trane
• Rod Rushing, vice president and general manager, Global Products, Johnson Controls
• Mike Schwartz, CEO, Daikin Applied
• Bill Steel, president and CEO, Bard Manufacturing
• Kevin Wheeler, president, North America, Europe, and India, A.O. Smith
The Richard C. Schulze Award is given for distinguished service and commitment to AHRI and the industry’s goals and objectives. The award was presented to:
• Dave Negrey, Johnson Controls
• Harry Milliken, Desert Aire
• Jerry Sipes, Price Industries
• Warren Lupson, AHRI
• Brian Reynolds, Trane
The AHRI Public Service Award recognizes deserving individuals or organizations that have made a significant contribution to the HVACR industry and in furthering AHRI’s goals. The award went to Gerry Kennedy, executive vice president of the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors (PHCC).
In 2015, AHRI gave two Distinguished Service Awards, AHRI’s highest award, which recognizes individuals who are leaders in the industry and who have made significant contributions throughout their careers.
AHRI posthumously awarded Joseph Fristik of Rheem Manufacturing Co. Fristik passed away in March 2015. His wife and daughter accepted the award on his behalf. Fristik served the HVACR industry with distinction for decades before his sudden and untimely passing.
The second Distinguished Service Award winner was Harry Holmes, president and CEO of Morrison Products. Holmes is active on several AHRI committees and served as chairman in 2013. His innovative vision, positivity, and good humor make him a leader in the industry and within the AHRI community.
For more information, visit www.ahrinet.org.
Publication date: 11/25/2015