• The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) extended the comment period for its national 92 percent AFUE minimum energy-efficiency standard to July 10.
• The Building Performance Institute Inc. (BPI) announced revised portions of ANSI/BPI-2400-S-2012: “Standard Practice for the Standardized Qualification of Whole-House Energy Savings Predictions by Calibration to Energy Use History,” also known as the Delta Standard, are now available for public comment.
• ACCA’s (Arlington, Virginia) Educational Institute (ACCA-EI) Standards Task Team (STT) announced an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) public review period for its BSR/ACCA 14 QMref-201x “Quality Maintenance of Commercial Refrigeration Systems” standard.
• Mechanical Contractors Association of America (MCAA) and the Mechanical Service Contractors of America (MSCA) revised Model NFPA 70E, “Electrical Safety Program for Service,” to make it consistent with recent revisions to the National Fire Protection Association’s (NFPA’s) “Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace,” NFPA 70E-2015.
• The ESCO Group (Washington) named Tom Meyer vice president.
Publication date: 6/1/2015