Nov. 21, 2014: ASHRAE Winter Conference Technical Program to Feature Five New Tracks
Conference Takes Place Jan. 24-28 at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago
ATLANTA — With five new tracks, and more than 100 sessions and 400 speakers, ASHRAE said the Technical Program for its 2015 Winter Conference will be “going big” to present attendees with relevant and timely HVACR information.
“With the conference being held in the big city of Chicago, the Technical Program itself is going big with a focus on big projects, the big picture, and big impacts with the intent of presenting big results for engineers, contractors, manufacturers, and building professionals,” said Doug Cochrane, conference chair.
The conference takes place Jan. 24-28 at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago.
The Technical Program begins Sunday, Jan. 24, with special hour-long interactive sessions with audience participation, followed by a networking coffee break. It concludes Wednesday, Jan. 28.
The conference features papers and programs for eight tracks, which address trends in the industry and also are relevant to the design community in the area.
The new tracks are:
• Industrial Facilities — Manufacturing and processes can have different requirements for HVACR. This track explores design and practices for industrial buildings.
• Large Buildings: Mission Critical Facilities and Applications — Facilities like data centers have different characteristics. This track looks at what is required for these unique applications.
• Life Safety — This encompasses egress, sprinklers, alarms, emergency lighting, smoke barriers, and special hazard protection. This track provides the tools for all the factors to consider in life safety and lessons learned.
• Design of Energy and Water Efficient Systems — The trend is to green sustainable buildings. This track looks at what works and what doesn’t to attain these efficient systems.
• Hospital Design and Codes — Health care design takes into account some unique aspects. This track explores design and code requirements to ensure patient comfort.
Other tracks include Fundamentals and Applications, Systems and Equipment, and Energy Efficiency.
Complete conference information and registration can be found at www.ashrae.org/chicago.
Publication date: 11/17/2014