NEW ORLEANS — Three top HVAC apprentices received awards in the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors-National Association (PHCC) Educational Foundation’s second annual HVAC Apprentice Contest, held at the PHCC-National Association’s CONNECT 2014 conference in New Orleans.
The Foundation’s HVACR Apprentice and Journeyman Training Committee members were on hand to set up and judge the contest. A portion of the contest was hosted by the HVAC program at Delgado Community College’s Jefferson Campus in Metairie, Louisiana.
This year’s awards went to:
• First Place – Leroy Friend, Shapiro & Duncan Inc., Rockville, Maryland
• Second Place – Tyler Sheppeck, Corporate Mechanical, Minneapolis
• Third Place – Chris Lighthart, The Lighthart Corp., Los Angeles
Foundation volunteers operating this year’s event included:
• Scott Balmer, chair, ShoffnerKalthoff Mechanical Electrical Service, Knoxville, Tennessee
• Tony DeSantis, City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles
• Bill Jones, Raven Mechanical LLC, Houston
• Craig Lewis, R.E.C. Industries Inc., Bryan, Texas
• Joel Long, GSM Services Inc., Gastonia, North Carolina
• Warren Lupson, Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute, Arlington, Virginia
• Ron Newman, Lakes Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Inc., Spirit Lake, Iowa
• Ken Nielsen, AccuAire Inc., Reading, Massachusetts
• Kenny Ripberger, Delgado Community College, Metairie, Louisiana
• Jamie Simpson, Schaal Heating & Cooling Inc., Des Moines, Iowa
For more information, visit www.phccfoundation.org.
Publication date: 10/27/2014