HVAC Organizations: Dec. 9, 2013
• HVAC Excellence (Washington) accredited the HVAC program at North Technical High School (Florissant, Mo.).
• The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) hired Tae Kwon in its certification department, Gurminder Sidhu on its information technology team, and Austin Gold in its public policy department.
• Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) is holding a second American National Standards Institute (ANSI) public review period for the “BSR/ACCA 3 Manual S - 201x, Residential Equipment Selection” as a revised and redesignated industry standard. The deadline for comments is Dec. 16.
• Air Movement and Control Association Intl. (AMCA Intl.) honored Gary Benson as the winner of its Distinguished Service award.
• ASHRAE (Atlanta) is seeking presenters for the 2014 ASHRAE/IBPSA-USA Building Simulation Conference, scheduled for Sept. 10-12 in Atlanta, focusing on the theme “BIM, BEM, and SIM — Integrated Building Design and Modeling.”
• The Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors National Association (PHCC) named Viega LLC (Wichita, Kan.) as its newest partner for professionalism.
• Building Performance Institute Inc. (BPI) is seeking applications from individuals interested in serving on the Single-Family Standards Technical Committee (STC), the Multifamily STC, or the Data and Modeling STC. Applications are due Dec. 12.
• The Heat Exchange Institute (HEI) released the fifth edition of “Standards for Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers.”
Publication date: 12/9/2013