HVAC Organizations: Nov. 11, 2013
• The Home Ventilation Institute (HVI) elected Don Stevens (right) as chairman of the board.
• The Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) is seeking nominations for its board of directors. Candidate questionnaires are due Nov. 13.
• The National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB) named Robert Linder as 2014 NEBB president.
• Green Advantage Inc. (Washington) received American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accreditation for its Green Advantage Certified Practitioner certification.
• The Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association (PHCC) Educational Foundation awarded first-place in the organization’s HVAC Apprentice Contest to Tyler Plueger of Norwalk-La Mirada Plumbing & Heating (Norwalk, Calif.).
• The Mechanical Contractors Association of America (MCAA) released its “Guide to Silica Safety.”
• The National Home Performance Council (NHPC) released its latest white paper, “Making Sense of the Smart Home: Applications of Smart Grid and Smart Home Technologies for the Home Performance Industry.”
• The Building Performance Institute Inc. (BPI) is accepting applications for its Standards Technical Committee through Nov. 21.
• HVAC Excellence (Washington) accredited the HVAC program at Pikes Peak Community College (Colorado Springs, Colo.).
• The InsideIQ Building Automation Alliance (Rockford, Ill.) elected Frank Rotello as president, Leroy Walden as secretary, Tommy Reed as operations chairman, and Scott Derby as energy chairman.
Publication date: 11/11/2013