HVAC Organizations: Oct. 28, 2013
• The International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR) is seeking papers for the third IIR Conference on Sustainability and the Cold Chain. Abstracts of no more than 500 words should be submitted by Nov. 1.
• ASHRAE (Atlanta) is seeking comments on Standard 41.6-1994R, Standard Method for Humidity Measurement; Standard 120-2008R, Method of Testing to Determine Flow Resistance of HVAC Ducts and Fittings; Addendum aj to ANSI/ASHRAE/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1-2011 Standard for the Design of High-Performance Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings; and Addendum aw to ANSI/ASHRAE/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1-2011, Standard for the Design of High-Performance Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings. Comments are due Nov. 3.
• The Carbon Monoxide Safety Association (COSA) presented the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department (Colorado Springs, Colo.) with a plaque in recognition of its paramount carbon monoxide safety practices.
• Building Performance Institute Inc. (BPI) is seeking comments for BPI-1100-T-201x: Home Energy Auditing Standard and its companion, BPI-1200-S-201x: Standard Practice for Basic Analysis of Buildings (formerly BPI-109) through Nov. 19.
• The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) named Francis J. Kuhn, Thomas L. Mitchell Jr., Curtis L. Slife, and Ondrej Strup as fellows.
• The National Air Filtration Association (NAFA) presented its Distinguished Service award to Ron Mattson and Jim Rosenthal.
Publication date: 10/28/2013