Sept. 25, 2013: NAFA Announces Clean Air Award Recipients
Awards Are Presented to Building Owners and Managers That Take Steps to Significantly Improve IAQ
Candidates are nominated by both NAFA members and members of the facility management community for the award, and must submit detailed and specific steps taken towards cleaning the indoor environment through better air filtration. A NAFA Certified Air Filter Specialist confirms these improvements. This year, 29 buildings will receive the award.
Awards are judged by the NAFA Clean Air Award Committee and each recipient receives a custom designed trophy, entry door sticker, installation on the NAFA website, and recognition for their efforts at the awards ceremony. Award-winning buildings must maintain IAQ diligence and submit inspection data each year in order to maintain the NAFA Clean Air Award.
This year’s recipients are:
• Arizona State University – Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communications – Phoenix
• Bedrock Management Corp. – 15 20 Woodward Ave., Detroit
• Bedrock Management Corp. – 1528 Woodward Ave., Detroit
• Bentall-Kennedy – 1130 Pender St., Vancouver, British Columbia
• Bentall-Kennedy – 1134 Pender ST., Vancouver, British Columbia
• Bentall-Kennedy – Sun Life Plaza - 1100 Melville St., Vancouver, British Columbia
• Bert Fish Medical Center – Palmetto St., New Smyrna Beach, Fla.
• Brookfield Properties – Fifth Avenue Place – Calgary, Alberta
• Brookfield Properties – Suncor Energy Centre – Calgary, Alberta
• Cadillac Fairview – TD Tower – Pacific Centre – Vancouver, British Columbia
• CBRE – Cigna Tower - W. John Carpenter Fwy., Irving, Texas
• Detroit Medical Center – Detroit Receiving Hospital – Detroit
• Denver International Airport – City & County of Denver
• Dundee Realty Management Corp. – IBM “B” Building – Calgary, Alberta
• Dundee Realty Management Corp. – Life Plaza Building – Calgary, Alberta
• Endura Advisory Group – Concord Plaza – San Antonio
• H & R Property Management Ltd. – TELUS House – Calgary, Alberta
• Hines Canada Management Co. – Eighth Avenue Place – Calgary, Alberta
• KBE/CBRE – Fountainhead Office Plaza – Tempe, Ariz.
• Manulife Real Estate – 1122 Fourth St. SE, Calgary, Alberta
• Morguard Investments Ltd. – Penwest Plaza – Calgary, Alberta
• Oxford Properties Group - Centennial Place – Calgary, Alberta
• Robb Palmer Facilities Management – University of Kansas Medical Center – Kansas City, Kan.
• Runnymede Healthcare Centre – Runnymede Rd., Toronto
• SNC Lavalin O & M – CMPP – 49th Avenue, Calgary, Alberta
• SNC Lavalin O & M – B.C. Hydro Corporate Office, Vancouver, British Columbia
• Scotiabank – Scotibank Saddledome – Calgary, Alberta
• TransCanada Tower, Calgary, Alberta
• Wilson Properties Services Inc. – Mesa Financial Plaza – Mesa, Ariz.
For more information, visit www.nafahq.org.
Publication date: 9/23/2013