• ASHRAE (Atlanta) is seeking contributions for its “Ground Source Heat Pumps: State of the Art Design, Performance, and Research” track. Conference paper abstracts are due Sept. 23.
• The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) is seeking public comments, ending Sept. 12, regarding proposed energy-conservation standards for commercial packaged boilers.
• The Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA) will host a webinar, “Construction Site Safety and Health Hazards,” at 11 a.m. ET on Sept. 25.
• RSES (Rolling Meadows, Ill.) appointed the following regional directors: Tom Donmoyer, Region 2; Rich Hoke, Regions 8 and 11; J.F. Townsend, Regions 14 and 15; and Nick Reggi, Regions 16 and 17.
• The Environmental Quality Co. (EQ) is accepting mercury thermostats in Michigan for recycling through Sept. 30.
• The Mechanical Contractors Association of America (MCAA) Student Chapter Summit will be held Oct. 3-5 in Memphis, Tenn.
• The Colorado Geo Energy & Heat Pump Association (CoGEHPA) recently merged with the Energy Efficiency Business Coalition (EEBC).
• The Building Services Research and Information Association (BSRIA) has become an endorsing association of the 2014 AHR Expo in New York City.
Publication date: 9/9/2013