Organizations for the Week: 04/11/2011
• Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) named Kimberly Hurley as director of conferences and training, and awarded Phil Forner, Allendale Heating Company Inc. (Allendale, Mich.) with the Distinguished Service Award.
• The Air Movement and Control Association International Inc. (AMCA International) modified the Certified Product Search Directory to include PDF links to electronic print catalogs submitted by Certified Ratings Program (CRP) participants on the AMCA website (www.amca.org).
• The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) appointed Michael D. Bellaman president and CEO.
• The Continental Automated Buildings Association (CABA) appointed several people to its board of directors: Satyen Mukherjee Ph.D., Royal Philips Electronics, to chairman; Jack Jachner, Ph.D., Alcatel-Lucent, and Elizabeth Jacobs, Siemens Industry Inc.; and James Gilmore, Bell Canada, as board directors.
• HVAC Excellence (Mount Prospect, Ill.) granted five-year accreditation to Global Tech Training (Springfield, Ill.) and Delgado Community College (Metairie, La.).
• The Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES) announced new literature in its NATE exam prep series: “Gas and Oil Heating,” and the first two parts of a four-part bulletin of the newest “Service Application Manual” chapter.
• HVAC Excellence (Mount Prospect, Ill.) has conferred the title of Certified Master HVACR Educator on David Wyett, assistant professor of HVAC at the College of Southern Idaho (Twin Falls, Idaho).
• ESCO Group (Mount Prospect, Ill.) added Renee Tomlinson as director of strategic partnerships.
Publication date: 04/11/2011