March 2, 2011: The Unified Group to Host Construction Forum
• Project Management: Best practices for tracking small and mid-size jobs; job turnover; the role and responsibilities of the project manager; hiring procedures; and best practices in new hire training.
• Technology Panel: New technologies in paperless options, and devices to increase efficiency in field communication.
• Business Management: Lean construction practices; RFI/change order processes and practices; construction contract clauses.
• Project Profiles: Members will present a variety of different projects, from small to large, design/build and plan/spec, tenant improvement, and small projects.
• Member Spotlights: Members will discuss construction strategies, their business models, and how they go to market and differentiate themselves.
“We started this construction forum last year,” said Julie Bishop, Unified Group executive director. “We are excited to see it continue in 2011.”
The Unified Group is an association, consisting of more than 50 independent HVAC commercial contractors, which shares best practices and experiences. For more information, visit www.theunifiedgroup.com.
Publication date: 02/28/2011